Hello! I have another great, cheeky design to share with you from Bloobel Digi Stamps. This one’s called Balloon Flight and, when I saw this one, I immediately visualised her rising high, way above the clouds.

We all seem to be getting less and less time in our day so, I thought I’d make another, relatively quick card. I started by searching online for a digital background image to match my mental picture of the card. I eventually found a free digital image of the sky that really emphasized my thoughts of what this card should look like.

I downloaded the free digital image of the sky and loaded it into my photo editing software. I sized it for a 5″×7″ card and digitally overlaid the Balloon Flight girl onto the background. I then printed it onto Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, using my free Avery Design and Print Software, creating a single layer to work with.

I colored the girl with my Chameleon Pens and added a few extra shadings and a white line to the balloon with Prismacolor Pencils. I finished off the image by adding white dots to the girl’s eyes with a Sakura Gelly Roll White pen.

I wanted to add some sort of sentiment to reference the lofty heights this girl had drifted to but struck a mental blank, so much so that I had to walk away from the card completely for a day, while I thought about what sort of a sentiment would be appropriate. It eventually “dawned” on me to simply add “hi!” (Sorry about both puns in that sentence, I couldn’t resist😆).

I eventually decided to add the greeting using Stampin Up’s Big Letter Alphabet dies and the eclipse technique. I lined up my dies on my feature panel and, once I was happy with their placement, ran it through the die cutting machine. I kept all the pieces I had cut from the panel and set them aside. I also cut 4 more of each die from black card and stacked these die cuts on top of each other, finishing with the die cut from the image panel. Because the letters are so large, it was easy to glue them together with Ranger Multi Medium Matte Adhesive. I adhered the feature panel onto a card base, ready for the die cuts to be put into place and glued each letter back into the feature panel voids.

I was happy with the way the card looked at this stage and I didn’t want to add anything else to the design, for the fear of overdoing it. So often, we think to add just one more thing, only to discover we have gone too far. Sometimes, less really is more!

Thanks so much for spending time with me today. I look forward to next time…😊

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s