Hello! Who doesn’t love ink blending when using distress inks? They mix beautifully, making new colours as they blend.
I laid down Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire distress inks onto two pieces of cardstock, using a mini blending tool. One piece of card was already cut to fit the centre of the 5″×7″ card front. Inking the already cut to size piece saved me from having to reink the edges later. The second piece was inked for the purpose of die cutting my features from.
I saturated the card with ink, giving me a great blend between the blue and pink and leaving a rich, intense colour once dry. Saturating the card also gave me plenty of time to perfect the blend. Once I was happy, I finished each piece with a light spritz of Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer mist and allowed it to dry completely.
I die cut two generic filigree flowers and matching leaves, using the leaf dies from Sue Wilson’s Blushing Rose die set. I deliberately placed the dies over different colours of my ink blended cardstock so they would stand out from the matching background panel when put in place.
I decided to add a heat embossed, stamped sentiment to the centre of the ink blended panel. I used selected words from Honey Bee’s Happiness stamp set and the matching Honey Bee Sentiment Builder Stamp Set . These sets are great to mix up greetings, giving the option of hundreds of combinations rather than just the usual choices found in most stamp sets.
I used my Misti and Misti’s Creative Corners Set to position each word stamp precisely. I wiped over the card with an antistatic bag, stamped the greeting with VersaMark Ink and melted Wow Superfine Ultra Bright White powder onto it.
By the way, I make my own antistatic bags by simply pouring corn starch (aka cornflour) into a piece of stocking, or open weave fabric and tieing it off. I don’t use baby powder because of its cancer causing factor. Cornstarch is so much safer!
I glued the centre panel into place and added the flowers and leaves, adhering all with Ranger Multi Medium Matte Adhesive. I finished off the centre of each flower by adding drops of Tsukineko Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher, filling the holes left by the dies.
Unfortunately, this card doesn’t show all its glittering glory in the photos and I think that makes this card look rather plain. It’s a shame every coloured area shimmering can’t be captured in a single shot.
For this card I took inspiration from three challenges. I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #284, the colours from Cas-ual Fridays Challenge #172 and the theme of flowers from Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I’m also entering one final challenge. Crafty Friends Challenges #56, has a theme of “anything goes”. I also set myself a little challenge of my own, to strictly stick to the design I had in my head and not add to the design while I worked on it. That turned out to be the hardest challenge of all!